The one thing I can always count on to making my stressful day all better, is coming home at night, going to the gym, showering off, smoking a bowl, and cooking a great dinner. I love to cook, its in my DNA, everyone in my family can cook, I just didn't learn till later in life. Trying new recipes is always a fun challenge for me, as I have one of those typical LA "I eat rice and ice cubes" diets. No Meat, No Gluten, No Dairy when possible (I do cheat here), Organic when possible, No Artificial Ingredients, Minimal Sugar, just as healthy as I possible can. I do eat eggs (organic) and fish, though mostly only Wild Alaskan Salmon. So I like to take normal recipes and switch out ingredients to fit my diet, which forces me to think outside the box, and I always have fun no matter the outcome.
You know those 15-30 clips everyone posts on Facebook with the areal shot of what they're doing? I'm obsessed with them cause they always make everything look so good, but rarely do the ingredients fit my diet, so I change them around. Tonight I made one that just looked so fun and I immediately knew all the ingredients I could use. You can check out the original here Tastemade Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms, I followed the recipe exactly, just switch out to these ingredients.
- 24 baby bella mushrooms (I accidently used Organic Cremini)
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Butter Stick
- 1 bag on Beyond Meat-Beyond Beef (I mixed the Beefy Crumble and Feisty flavours)
- 1 Organic Shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp Whole Foods Organic Worcestershire Wauce
- 1 tsp Annies Organic Ketchup
- 1 tsp Organicville Organic Yellow Mustard
- Daiya Montery Jack Non-Dairy Cheesy, cut into small squares
- 4-5 Organic Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp Organic Butter Lettuce, thinly shredded
- Organic Salt and Pepper, to taste
I am so happy with how this turned out, I mean it taste like happiness and dreams. I was meant to make it for some friends who were coming over for facial night, but they had to cancel, so its my dinner. The only thing I would change for next time is get the shredded Daiya Cheddar Cheese, the one I got didn't melt, and I think cheddar would taste even better on this.
Check out the rest of the recipe at Tastemade.com