Lately my pores have been total assholes, just getting all kinds of clogged.I have combination skin, even though it's drier over here on the West coast, it still acts like combination skin when it comes to types of products I can use.My philosophy has always been strip off what I don't want with my cleanser and toner and then add in all the stuff I want with the many layers of products I use, but lately the heavier products I've been using have just been clogging my pores so much.I've very picky when it comes to cleansers and toners, I know within a few days if I will like them of not, there has only been 1 cleanser (Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap) and 2 toners (Belief Eucalyptus Herbal Extract Toner and Erno Laszlo Light Controlling Lotion) that I've purchased multiple times.
Enter Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip and Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner, within 2 weeks my pores shrunk back down without drying my skin at all. I've used Ceramic Slip twice before and really liked it, despite it not lathering, (which takes a little while to get use to) it leaves your skin feeling so soft and clean. It's active ingredients are:
- French Green Clay removes impurities and tightens pores while infusing minerals into the skin
- Vitamin C also helps to tighten pores, brighten skin, and stimulate collagen production
- Black Pepper stimulates circulation, leaving the skin looking revived
The new Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner contains:
- Bentonite Clay which clarifies and tightens pores
- Manuka (a favorite ingredient of mine), which is closely related to the Tea Tree plant, is antibacterial and just kills anything bad
- Mashmallow to soothe and calm, probably why this Toner is so non irritating
- Cucumber, Green Tea, and Witch Hazel to tone and tighten.
As always, I apply my toner with the Shiseido Cotton Pads, you use so much less product and they are so soft!
I've also been using my Clarisonic Mia2 once a day, I bought their Alpha Fit Men's Brush Head and it's really helped by getting through my scruff to clean my skin that was starting to look a bit rough.
These have helped me to keep my winter routine of heavy creams going, to which I'm very happy, cause the Cle de Peau La Creme is working wonders on my face!