Often I'm asked what products I'm using, so I'll try to keep you up to date with my latest trials and obsessions. Here's my current routine in the evening.
1. Clarisonic Mia2 w/ Deep Pore Cleansing Brush $119 - My long time friend and esthetician, Jessica, gifted me this for my birthday this year, how I never had one I have no idea, but it's quiet amazing for cleansing the skin. My only qualm is that it stops after 1 minute, what if it want to over wash my face for 5 minutes? It's my life, let me live it. 4/5 Stars, everyone needs one, just get the appropriate brush for your skin type.
2. Bellatorra Exfoliating Facial Cleanser $95 - I've been using this for about a month, and I'm really enjoying it. Bellatorra is a new line sold at Barneys, the lines main benefit is its 48hour time release ingredients, mostly in its leave on products (the facial mist feels like happiness). This cleanser smells like grapefruit (which I love), it gently exfoliates, cleanses, protects, and reveals a smoother complexion. All skin types 4/5 Stars.
3. Belif Eucalyptus Herbal Extract Toner $28 - I'm very picky about toners, and I'm on my second bottle of this one. I like to feel very cleansed without being stripped. This toner removes any leftover cleanser and sebum, leaving my skin feeling balanced and super fresh. 4.5/5 Stars.
4. SK-II Facial Essence $99-$205 - Thank God I got a sample of this cause I've been out for awhile. This is THE BEST facial essence you'll ever use. To sum it up, I first purchased this 10 years ago because my friend Nathan called me up and said "I showed up to work with no sleep after a 3 day bender with only this on my skin and my coworkers asked if I had just gotten off vacation" enough said 5/5 Stars.
5. Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum $78-$175 - You can read a little further down (a previous post) my thoughts on this lovely hydrating serum.
6. Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum $58.50-$154 - I just started using this a few days ago, I love the texture, very light, absorbs easily, and blends well with my 10 Step skincare routine. I'll report back on results.
7. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil $105 - Just started this one a few days ago as well, but I'm kind of obsessed already. I LOVE facial oils, especially in the cold dry weather. I'll report back after a few more weeks of use.
8. Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm $62 - You can see my review on this one in a previous post, mostly just finishing this one up so I can try a new one.
9. Amore Pacific Future Response Age Defense Dual Eye Creme $150 - I received these deluxe size samples quiet awhile back and started using it about 2 months ago, there's a cream for the am (with SPF25) and one for pm. These small samples are never ending, like every other Amore Pacific product I've ever used, it's like they regenerate themselves, making them totally worth their higher price. These creams have kept my eyes smooth and hydrated. 4/5 Stars, I highly recommend the duo for anyone late 20s+ who are needing some extra loving around the eyes.
10. Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream $76 - You can see my review in a previous post, I've been using this since the beginning of October and I'm liking how it's lightweight texture hydrates and layers well with my other steps.
11. A313 Pommade $33.76 - Everyone needs a retinol/vitamin A cream, it's proven, it works, you'll love it. I use it 5-6 nights a week as the last step in my nightime routine. Check out my previous post for full details
12. Hourglass No28 Lip Treatment Oil $42 - When I first started working for Hourglass, I moved from the humid East Coast to dry ass LA. Never had my lips felt so dry, ever. As a lifetime chapstick/lip balm junkie, this is the answer. It's repaired my dry lips to the point that when I don't have anything on my lips still feel hydrated and smooth. Apply in the am and before bed at night, it will change your life. The 24karat gold plated applicator is also quiet the conversation piece to pull out of your pocket, my friends always ask if I have "the gold one" on me as I always have a lip balm in tow. 5/5 Stars, you need this, I can't live without it (and not just cause I work for them, I would buy this if I had to). Its also available in a very wearable sheer red for the holidays.
13. Iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask $35 - This copper infused eye mask claims it can reduce wrinkles in as little as 4 weeks. I'd be lying if I said I noticed a big difference in my skin from it, but I will say that I bought a second one after leaving my first one on a flight to Paris. Why? Because it's so soft and comfortable, it blocks out all light, and I get some of the best sleep I've ever had with it on. I feel it's satiny smooth fabric prevents sleep lines on my eyes from sleeping on my sides. As for its wrinkle reducing properties? Every little bit helps and I want the matching pillow case. 4/5 Stars.
14. Dr Jart Water-Max Sleeping Mask $48 - On the 1-2 nights a week I'm not using the A313 I like to use a sleeping mask for a boost in hydration. I've only used this one a handful of times so far, but I like its lightweight and easily absorbed texture. It gives some nice hydration, but I'll give my full report after I've used it a bit longer.
15. Elemental Herbology Facial Soufflé Overnight Cream $84 - The lovely girls at Mecca in Sydney Australia bought this for me as a going away gift after I told them how obsessed I was with the texture and smell. It's one of the thickest creams I've ever felt and has this amazing herbal aroma from all the essential oils. I use this maybe once or twice a week as my night cream, when my skin is feeling especially dry, like day 2-3 after a chemical peel or during this random super dry LA nights. 4.5/5 Stars
I'd love to hear your thoughts on any other these, have you tried them? Love or hate them? Have any other questions? I'm all ears.